Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 March 2011

Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig



A bad back has rendered me partially immobile thus my St Patrick's Day celebrations are not what I had planned. I had, of course, arranged a wild night out involving fiddles, Guinness and Shamrocks. Instead, it will be quietly celebrated with a glass of Bailey's and some of the wonderful Irish myths in Peter Beresford Ellis's brilliant 'Celtic Myths and Legends' (which also includes Manx and Cornish myths and legends!). Note my green, woollen jumper, just to underline the tameness of my evening. Happy St Patrick's Day to all my other relations and friends of Irish heritage!!

p.s. a couple of indispensable Gaelic phrases for those of you celebrating in style tonight:

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil = a pint of Guinness, please

Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé = kiss me, I'm Irish

No comments:

Post a Comment